Sunday, December 13, 2009

Failure! Oh my God what to do???



Many times it happens in our life...
We FAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Failure is the eternal truth of this world, but is it the end???
In a famous dialogue (from the movie The ghost and the darkness) Michael Douglas, said "Each defeat teach us something, today you are defeated; now it is up to you what you can learn from it".
Yes, I accept that failure is painful but do you have any other choice???

But no failure is permanent, TIME is the greatest medicine.
Famous cricketer Sachin Tendulkar once said in an interview "Every failure sets a new fire in me, each time I get out on duck (i.e. 0), I tell myself that now I have to hit a century".

So what to do when you fail???
When he was asked how he feels when his movie fails at box office, Amitabh Bachchan replied "I just smile and tell myself that I gave my best shot, but it was God's will that the movie didn't worked. Every morning comes with a new hope; I'll start a new movie better than this one".

Feel proud of our failures!!!!!!!!!
What!!!!
Yes, we should feel proud of our failures because, we failed not because we are not talented; we failed because: we had the courage to try something new
we failed because we had the daring that no one else has
We Failed Because God Knew That We Are Capable Of Facing Such A Defeat!!!
The Ship is always safest at the Harbor. But that is not where it is supposed to be

In her poem "The Last Song", Emily Dickinson mentioned that the value of victory is best known by those who failed to achieve it, and not by the one who won,
so even if you have failed to achieve anything, you are the one who knows how valuable that thing is!!!


I would like to invite you to share your biggest defeat in life with all of us, may be we can help you to overcome from the pain resulted from that defeat.




2 comments:

  1. Sarabjeet you are absolutely right but the unfortunate thing is that people give up.

    your blog is really mind blowing and eye opening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Narendra,
    I really feel that, we all should never cease trying.

    ReplyDelete